JemCon 2019 Vendor Information
On behalf of the entire JemCon 2019 staff, we are delighted that you are considering attending as a vendor. Year after year our attendees look forward to the vendor room where they can reminisce about their childhood, mingle with other fans, and purchase some goodies to enjoy long after the weekend is over.
Whether you’re an artist, comic book dealer, or own a vintage toy shop, a vendor table at JemCon 2019 is the perfect way to connect with fans of the 80s and partake in a truly outrageous weekend. If you’ve been trying to sell that rare doll or vintage toy or simply showcase your artistic talents then this is the place for you!
The following information will help you make the most of your JemCon vendor experience:
What does it cost to be a vendor at JemCon?
Being a vendor at JemCon is extremely affordable compared to other shows and costs just $60
What do I get with my vendor package?
Each vendor package includes access to one 6 feet by 2.5 feet table, two vendor badges, tablecloth, skirting, and two chairs
What if I need more than one table?
Additional tables may be purchased for a discounted rate of $30 (Subject to availability)
Is there WIFI available?
WIFI is available through the hotel for all guests attending JemCon
Are there electrical outlets available?
Electrical outlets are available on a limited, first come, first serve basis. We suggest signing up early to ensure you have access
Are electrical strips or extension cords available?
We try to honor requests, however they can not be guaranteed.
Can I be a vendor AND attend JemCon?
YES! After you register to attend JemCon for the weekend, a discounted vendor pass can be purchased for $30. Registering for JemCon allows you access to all panel discussions and JemCon activities. Note: discounted vendor pass is only valid with full weekend registration.
Can I bring items from my personal collection to display but not sell?
YES! We will have a display table in the same room as our vendor tables. Contributing to the display table doesn’t cost anything.
What items do well at JemCon?
- Anything related to Jem and the Holograms
- Besides Jem items, a wide variety of toys and dolls will appeal to JemCon attendees, including:
- Darci, Barbie (especially 70s and 80s), Mego, and other 12½" fashion dolls
- 80s My Little Pony
- He-man and She-Ra
- 80s Strawberry Shortcake
- Rainbow Brite
- Care Bears
- Other vintage 80s toys
- Animation cells, especially from 80s cartoons
- DVDs (related to 80s cartoons)
- Clothing related to the 80s
- Cosplay attire (fans will be needing last minute items for the cosplay contest!) (see below regarding swords/weapons)
- Custom made dolls, doll clothing, and doll accessories
- Comics related to shows from the 80s (My Little Pony, GI Joe, ThunderCats, Jem, XMen, Ninja Turtles, etc.)
- Fan art is allowed if it meets JemCon Fan Art Guidelines* (below)
Is there anything that can’t be sold at JemCon?
The following items can’t be sold at JemCon due to licensing agreements and/or safety concerns:
- Items which have any official Jem Logo or similar rendering which are not official Hasbro or licensed items (counterfeit goods)
- Bootleg copies of media, including CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, soundtracks, movies, television shows, cartoons, video games, or computer programs
- Fansubs (unlicensed "fan-subtitled" television programs or movies, where audio dialogue is unofficially translated and subtitled into other languages)
- Unlicensed merchandise with copyrighted Jem logo or imagery, including t-shirts, buttons, checkbook covers, etc.
- Copies of items including model sheets, animation cels, the Jem Bible, or scripts
- Weapons, including metallic swords, knives or scissors
Any vendor found selling unlicensed merchandise will be asked to remove the items. JemCon reserves the right to expel from the premises any vendor found selling unlicensed Jem merchandise who refuses to remove said materials from their table(s).
What is the policy on fan artwork?
Fan artwork may be sold at JemCon as long as it meets the following guidelines:
- No unflattering or controversial fan art is allowed
- Depictions of violence, drug use, smoking, nudity, crude poses, or anything sexual (beyond what was shown in the cartoon) is not allowed.
- Please keep fan art G-rated as JemCon is a family friendly convention
- Fan art accurately depicting dolls, characters, fashions, playsets, etc., is allowed as long as it doesn't too closely resemble produced Jem art
- Anything that could be a tracing or copy of existing art not allowed.
JemCon staff reserve the right to remove any fan art violating the JemCon fan art guidelines. If you are unsure whether your artwork is within JemCon guidelines, please contact JemCon on the JemCon inquiry form with samples of your artwork.
What about Fan fiction?
Unfortunately fan fiction is not allowed at this time